Pool Fence Inspections
In NSW, an average of 11 children under five years of age drown annually, with a further 62 children being admitted to hospital each year for near drowning. Children under five years of age have the highest mortality rate out of any age group, with approximately 70% of drowning deaths occurring in swimming pools.’’
As of 29th October 2013, all swimming pools must be registered in the state wide pool register.
As of 29th April 2014, all residential properties with a swimming pool must have a valid certificate of compliance BEFORE THE PROPERTY CAN BE SOLD OR LEASED.
IPI Newcastle are fully accredited with the NSW Building Professionals Board to Conduct Pool Safety Inspections and Certification. We carry out any pool safety inspections for properties that need a safety compliance certificate for the purpose of selling, leasing or just peace of mind.
As your certifier, We will perform the following which will either give you a certificate to include in the sale contract or lease or provide you with a certificate noting items to be rectified.
- Inspecting the swimming pool
- Assessing whether the swimming pool complies with the regulations
- issuing a compliance or non-compliance certificate
- 2nd inspection if necessary
- Liaise with and tradespeople regarding any necessary rectifications and Update the NSW Swimming Pool Register